Saturday, November 15, 2008

Meet GMR

So, today was the long ride with lots of climbing. It was easier than last time I tried the route, but I think that Mt. Wilson left my legs a little more drained than they would have otherwise been. The total distance was 79 Miles, and I heard one of the riders with a GPS computer say that we did 3,600 feet of climbing.

All told, there were 7 of us who did the ride. I knew 5 of the people, and one of the new people was apparently a Racer. The new people were super strong, usually out in the front of the group, and occasionally out of sight when the group broke up on the long climbs. However, they seemed like nice enough guys.

Okay, now i'm going to nap for the next few hours and try to convince my legs that I really don't hate them. Oh, and heres the map of the ride. GMR is the O-R section up in the mountains. the rest of the ride is pretty much just the Montrose route, which is my typical Saturday ride.


View Larger Map