Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tuesday's Hills

So, I ride the hills near the Rose Bowl with my Cousin Gary and two of his friends on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Below is the route. We did three Laps up St. Katherine (Markers I, G, and H) and three Laps up Figueroa (From K to J). The total ride showed up on my computer as 21 miles or so.

It is fun riding with Gary and John because they're such strong riders that they can talk and joke around while riding these hills. Listening to them be silly is a great way to take my mind off the burning in my legs, and the fact that an 'easy' pace for them is just about all I can manage. They also are a great motivation to push beyond my comfort zone, because if I slow down or try to 'take it easy' they leave me in the dust.

Another interesting thing is that the temperature at the Rose Bowl is much colder than up in the hills. Descending off the hills on the way back to the Rose Bowl is like diving into a cold swimming pool - there are points where the air seems to drop ten or fifteen degrees in just a few feet.


View Larger Map