Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Update!

Okay, so I haven't posted here in a long time. Whats new? Well, I finished the internship at Oaktree Capital Management that I loved so much, and have been job searching and relaxing a little bit since.

In an effort to keep this blog alive, I'm going to start posting about my cycling.

I've decided to train for the King of the Mountains Challenge. The challenge is to complete three 100+ mile bike races that each have 12,000+ feet of climbing. I've heard that each of the three are in the Top 10 hardest bike races in the USA. To win the challenge, the races have to be completed in a single racing season.

So, I've been doing a lot about riding to get myself ready. Luckily, I've got lots of support: My cousin Gary is a super-strong cyclist and has introduced me to a lot of his friends, and the local bike clubs do an number of rides at different skill levels.

For the near future, I'll be blogging about my riding. I may be posting links to Google Maps, or maybe just putting up times. For now, here is a chart showing the mileage that I've put in each day so far.