Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Devil Wears Prada

I just watched The Devil Wears Prada. Its a chick flick about the changes and learning that a young college grad undergoes trying to make it in New York High Fashion. Its interesting to watch because I wonder if someday soon I will be replaying that movie in a different industry. It raises interesting questions about priorities and how far one is willing to go to get ahead, and the results that it has for one's personal life, and inner self. It provides good reason to pause and look in the mirror. What trade offs will I make? And what effect will that have on my career? Food for thought. A word to those who watch the movie: try to ignore the hideous getup that everyone wears, and see it for what it is: a story about ambition and greed versus freedom and self.