Sunday, February 11, 2007

Contemplating a Haircut

I'm due for a haircut. It's cold enough outside that I want to wear a hat to stay warm, but once inside, i'm loathe to take it off and have my hair stick out at funny angles, making me look like a mess. There are three options for me: get a very short haircut that won't stick up noticeably because its so short, stop wearing a hat and deal with the cold, or get a not-so-short haircut from a good stylist and hope for the best. I'm not sure what to do, but am leaning towards a the first option. I don't know any stylists I like nearby, and I don't really want to give up on hats when its ten degrees outside. The super short option is hard to screw up (you just need a shaver with a lenthening attachment) and reqires no skill. You can even buy one for the cost of two or three haircuts. However, there is quite a regret factor if it looks bad (you'd have to wait for the hair to grow back out again) and I'm not sure that it is so easy to cut your own hair that way. What I really need to do is a three way coin toss.