Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The First Day of School, and Yoga

Yesterday was the first day of classes, and unlike most other first days, the two professors just passed out the syllabi and dived right into class. A number of times during class I had little things that I should look into pop into mind, and so to keep everything captured for GTD I jotted them down on a notepad. The first day of class was otherwise uneventful, and much like any other day of school.

After classes ended I went home, changed, and hurried over to the gym for a Yoga class. Since the gym is free this week, this doesn't count toward my 29 workouts. I suppose I should explain that logic: Since a single day pass to the gym costs $5, the membership only saves money if you go more than 28 times. I'm too stubborn to pay extra for something if I have to, so 'paying off' the membership will get me going regularly. However, when the gym is free, then I'm not 'paying off' anything, because I could have gotten in free anyway.

Today wass the more traditional "first day of class" with funky class times and special lectures, etc.
We started out having the fear of god put in us by the career services department, with the looming internship search growing nearer, they took the opportunity to reiterate some of the tools that were available and strategies that we should be using. After this course we had an online 'ethics in situations' training, where we had to balance the need to meet business expectations and the need to fit ethical requirements. After that, we had another lecture about the ethics of marketing to kids, and then we were free for the day. Now I'm going to start preparing for tomorrow's classes, because I want to keep on top of my work. Hopefully things will pan out and I can continue to stay on top of things for the rest of the seven weeks.