Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Long time no see!

Hello everybody. Long time no see.
 
Today I'm cranky, and I think I know why. I had a lot to get done today, and things kept preventing me from hitting my targets. Nothing worse than seeing a goal evaporate because of something stupid. This morning it was a CD. I was given a 2 sided CD, and some not-particularly-bright person had decided to label the CD with a sharpie- thus ruining one whole side and preventing me from getting the information. Blast.
 
Then, when Statistics came around, I was displeased to discover that Excel almost worked, but in order to really work, oops, you need the install CD. Needless to say, that wasn't available. Even if it was, Excel on the Mac doesn't support Macros the way the Windows version does. As a result, I can't efficiently do my accounting homework, which the professors built up using the gold standards of business: Office for Windows. Thus, the homework doesn't work well. The professors have generously provided work-around. but my computer takes so long to open the file and try to muddle through the macros that I am pulling out my hair long before I get to the work- around. Office X for Mac just doesn't have the juice for the things I need it to.
 
So, I am left with the dilemma: Do I buy an entirely new Intel MacBook and put Windows on it *shudder*, live with the half-witted Mac version of the product, or live in the library with computers that won't save my files?
 
I ponder this, still wondering exactly when and how my Accounting homework is going to get done by tomorrow morning.