Monday, September 18, 2006

The problem with being Earnest

The problem with having class from 8am until 5pm, followed by other important functions that last until six or seven is that that I am rarely home except for the early morning and late evening hours. This presents a problem for doing homework and other such critical functions, like blogging or calling family. I must master the art of whipping out blog posts during the short breaks between classes, snapping out phone calls in the hallway, and blogging posts like this one during the few minutes before trying to impress a potential employer.

Unfortunately, the homework requires a bit more time and a bit less squeezing, and therefore gets pushed off until the latest of the late. I never thought that I was capable of hard work and concentration for more than twelve consecutive hours. i guess you learn something new everyday.

In other news, I recently watched Hotel Rwanda. It is a powerful movie, and I highly recommend it. It spoke to me mostly because they used real footage from the genocide and the main character of the story is an understandable human being- a hotel manager. The film accurately portrays the uncertainty and fogginess of war, and the hero does the right thing more by instinct than by brilliance. I find the movie inspiring, and compared to the possibility of the brutal death of myself and everyone I love, a little lost sleep is no price at all.

Now I am back off to school to study for tomorrow.