Saturday, March 03, 2007

Re: glasses

The problem is I destroyed the frames. I've already broken one earpiece off and frankensteined a different one on, now the other is about to break off too. The feet that sit on my nose are ripped loose, meaning i can't adjust for the 15 degree list that they've permanently acquired. What I really need are some glasses that I can whip out when my contacts are bothering me and not worry about them surviving the abuse that they seem to inevitably take. (Beacause I wear contact most of the time, I tend to forget the care that glasses require.)

That forgetting means that my glasses regularly get sweaters pulled on over them, left on the kitchen table, bathroom counter, in a laundry pile, and a few times a year, in my shoes. I suspect that they may have even accidentally gotten mixed in with the laundry an put in the wash. This pairs' predecessors have gone unprotected on the loper amongst 6 divers' gear!

The lenses are fine - no huge scratches or anything - but the problem is that they just won't levitate in front of my eyeballs no matter how hard I try. I was originally thinking of lenscrafters as well, but the website makes me think that they carry fashion brands at fashion prices, and not functional styles at grad-student prices. I don't particularly need Dolce and Gabbana glasses, I need either tank frames or cheap-enough-not-to-care frames.

Given that, what do you recommend?