Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Home Safe, and Busy

I'm safely home from the vision quest, and extremely happy that I went. It has given me time to carefully think about why I am making some choices, accept them, and really get ready to be completely focused when school starts. Having said that, I'm back in Boston now, and putting that new found focus to use.

Today was the deadline to get my resume submitted for inclusion in the database that employers will use for recruiting MBA candidates- I had submitted one earlier but somehow I screwed the formatting up big-time. I got that sent off late yesterday afternoon, and am waiting until the office opens this morning to make sure they received it correctly this time.

I also need to look into financial aid. I miscommunicated with some members of my family, and as a result really misunderstood how we were going to proceed on that front. Currently, I'm still not sure what the issue is, but am going to find out as much as I can, the way I would if I were going to take on all the loans myself- the only difference is that I'm going to call them before committing to anything.

This afternoon I'm going over to the Ryan's to attend a combination Birthday/ Goodbye party. It's Corey's Birthday (Note to self: get a card), and Devin leaves for another year of school in Chicago tomorrow. That will tie me up for part of the afternoon or evening, but I'm hoping to get a lot done this morning.