Thursday, January 03, 2008

Election thoughts

I ran across this website while surfing the web this evening,
and filled out the survey for kicks. When I got to the end page, I found it surprising how there

were literally no candidates in two whole quadrants of the chart.
This seemed really strange and also very disappointing, because
clearly the full range of possibilities is not being represented here.

If the picture above is at all accurate (and i'll be the first to
admit that it may not be), I, and many other voters like me, am faced
with a dilemma - Do I vote for a president who I disagree with on
social policy, or one that I disagree with on financial policy?
Neither of these seems at all appealing. I'd like to vote for a
candidate that I actually agree with. Where are the libertarian and
statist candidates? Where are the centrists? And even if there was a
candidate, would my vote for them even matter with the 'winner take
all' electoral process?